Don’t you just hate throwing away food? We definitely do! Here’s a tip if you have any leftover bread at home.
We had a day old baguette that we wanted to transform in to something delicious but we were just out of ideas! Luckily we found this recipe from San Francisco based photographer Lily Morello - www.lilymorello.com . Check her amazing Instagram account at @lilybubbletea.
Our leftover baguette turned in to these yummy avocado and burrata toasts. The recipe is super easy and quick and our toasts disappeared within minutes! They'll serve as great appetizers at your next dinner party or brunch. We added some chili flakes to the recipe as we like a little sting (but its optional).
Here comes the ingredients and the step by step. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
AVOCADO AND BURRATA TOASTS
For 4-6 toasts
Perfect for brunches, appetizers, lunch, or the buffet table.
Time: 10-20 minutes
1 Baguette (or similar bread)
1 Burrata (100 grams)
Grounded black peppar
HOW TO MAKE
1. Cut the baguette in diagonal slices (4-6 slices)
2. Toast the slices in a toaster or in a pan with some olive oil
3. Open the avocados and mush the avocados in a bowl
4. Then season with salt, peppar, chili flakes after preference
5. Spread the mushed avocados evenly on the toasts
6. Slice open the burrata and distribute evenly
7. Drizzle some olive oil and garnish with some basil, chili flakes, peppar och a pinch of salt.